Friday, May 15, 2009

Musical Chairs, anyone?

When I was very young, I was rather shy and awkward. I was not a very competitive child. I remember I dislike playing games in a group because I do not understand what others were doing.

Just before school year is over there is always a party. One of the most popular games then is musical chairs. It is a simple game. The objective of the game is to find a seat when the accompanying music stops. The trick is that there is always one chair less than the number of participants. As the game progresses each person without a seat will be removed together with a chair. Needless to say as the chairs become less, there will be more frantic pushing, running and screaming. At the end there will only be one chair and two persons wanting to sit on it. And everyone of course will like to know who will get the ‘Chair’.

Congruently this is happening in the Perak State Government. Currently there are two Mentri Besar (State Chief Ministers) and two Speakers of the House. Likewise in the game there are a lot of shoving, pushing and noise. It will be very interesting to see who gets to sit down when the music stop.

No comments: