Friday, May 15, 2009

Fresh Start


After several weeks without rain, the residents in Kuala Lumpur was just so glad that they had a downpour yesterday afternoon. The sudden deluge may caused inconvenience to some but I am sure they did not mind. The rain was a great respite to the unbearable heat. I missed this event because where I sit in the office is just too far for me to see and hear the falling drops. But in the wee hours of the night the rain came again. The loud drumming of the droplets against the windows woke me from my slumber. I dug deeper into the warmth of my furry blanket and within minutes was fast asleep again. Within that brief awareness, the clock told me it's only three something. The next thing I knew the pesky clock was insisting I wake up for work. From my bedroom windows I could see the ground was wet and I could smell the freshness in the air. As I walked to my car I can feel the insistent light caress of tiny drops on my balding pate. Wet cool mornings are my favorite and I hope the rain will come again, soon.

No comments: