Saturday, October 22, 2005

Two Women

This is a story of two women. I do not know them personally but somehow they are part of my world.

On the 25th July 2003, at 3:09:48 AM a short message beeped me into consciousness from a deep slumber. It was a short message from my friend Vi An. He said 'My mum pass away'. I kept this message until today. I just received a new cell phone and I do not know how to transfer my old messages. So when I read this I felt kind of sad. For this is my last link with her and what her death meant to me. At that time I felt good that Vi An had placed me as someone important enough to let me know of his grief. It gave a defination to our friendship. Now he does not call me anymore. Such is the transitory of human relationship.

On the 20th July 2005, at 7:55 AM the wife of our current Prime Minister died from breast cancer. Her illness is public knowledge but her death still shock Malaysian collective consciousness. I watched a little of the funeral in the evening news. According to Muslim rites she was buried on the same day. Very soon she too will be regulated into the past.

Nothing is permanent .........

No comments: